This piece certainly conveys a strong opinion on the part of the author. But more than anything, it offers an excellent analysis of the misconceptions, misinterpretations, and bias that can occur in science. We will leave it up to you to decide if the study itself has merit. In the meantime, if you're looking for a great discussion for your classroom or community group, here you go!
Here are some links that might be useful (aside from the above article):
- The actual study in question
- Another recent study of importance that has not garnered much attention, but discusses how BPA moves through the body.
- Information on BPA from Health and Human Services.
- A discussion on the pro's and con's of plastic versus metal.
- Data Analysis and Interpretation learning module and quiz.
Let us know if you discuss BPA in your classes or community and what the results have been.